Martin Truijens evaluerer sine første 365 dage på NTC
Af: Klaus Bach Christensen
Cheftræner på NTC, Martin Truijens, er faldet godt til i Danmark og godkender det seneste års udvikling på det Nationale Træningscenter.
I anledning af, at Martin Truijens har været ansat på det Nationale Træningscenter i Bellahøj i lige godt et år, har vi fanget cheftræneren på NTC til en lille snak om hans første tid i Danmark, og hvordan han er faldet til.
- After my first year at the NTC in Copenhagen, I first of all look back at a great experience with great people. Getting to know Danish swimming and the Danish Swimming Federation, and all the great people that work together every day to make Danish Swimming function to the best of its ability, made me realize the great potential Denmark has towards the future! I have seen lots of talented young swimmers, many tireless volunteers and great professionals! I have seen people catch their opportunities and rise to the occasion. All ingredients for a bright future of Danish swimming, siger Martin Truijens.
Martin Truijens kan snart fejre sine første 365 dage som NTC-cheftræner.
Den hollandske træner, som blandt andet har en Ph.d. om højdetræning i svømning og trænet hollandske svømmere som Inge Dekker og Femke Heemskerk, mener ikke det er ham, som skal vurdere hans egen indsats som NTC-træner, men han erklærer sig tilfreds med processen og de fremskridt, som teamet omkring NTC-svømmerne har gjort.
- I am pleased with the fact that the NTC has fulfilled its purpose over the past year: helping Danish swimmers and Danish swimming developing and delivering results at the highest level! We started with 11 swimmers and a year later we are able to welcome number 16. We unfortunately even had to deny a few swimmers from joining the group. However, this is exactly how it should be: the level within the NTC clearly needs to be raised over the next few years and I look forward to help making this happen. This is also exactly where the expectations towards the future are: helping Danish swimmers to achieve their dreams and unlock their true potential. There are no limits, only those we impose upon ourselves! This is the starting point of all success!
Martin Truijens har tidligere arbejdet med hollandsk topsvømning i 12 år, og han var derfor spændt på, hvordan overgangen fra livet i Holland til livet i Danmark ville blive. Overgangsfasen er dog forløbet problemfrit indtil nu.
- I really enjoyed my first year at the NTC. I like to stress that the daily collaboration with Mads Hansen (especially our bike rides together) really made my work more enjoyable and together we were able to bring our sessions to a high level of detail and attention. The close collaboration with Dean Boles (National Head Coach), Lars Green Bach (technical director), Martin Karup (team manager) and Thomas Stub (talent development) made communication fast and easy! Pia Holmen (CEO) and all the other members of the Federation made me feel at home and ensured information and communication never became an issue. Working together with Team Denmark and their experts certainly helped us to stay on top of the game and I am sure we will keep challenging each other towards the future, siger Martin Truijens, inden han uddyber om livet i den danske hovedstad.
- I think I speak on behalf of my family as well when I say that we really enjoyed our stay in Copenhagen and Denmark so far. Our little daughter was born 5 weeks after our arrival which made our Danish connection very firm from the start. We look forward to continuing our journey in Denmark and life and will embrace all challenges on the road - for example the Danish language.
Afslutningsvis på interviewet løftede NTC-cheftræneren sløret for, at der starter to nye danske svømmere på NTC i det nye år.
- Victoria Bierre and Mie Ø Nielsen will join the NTC at the start of 2018! We are very pleased to have these two talented swimmers join our group and look forward to working with them towards the future! They will fit in the group and the training system very well and we look forward to seeing them strive together to achieve the highest possible level.
Stor tak til Martin Truijens for interviewet.